Bridges to Contract Opportunities is a collaborative training, procurement matching, access to capital and support partnership program designed to bring small and minority businesses into the mainstream of contracting by providing the technical business skills and resources otherwise unavailable and difficult to access.
Bridges to Contract Opportunities builds a connection between the housing and financial crisis and the development of strong small businesses, the creation of jobs, the rebuilding of our communities, the restoration of our neighborhoods and ultimately the resurgence of cities across the country.
Minority and small business owners receive knowledge, skills, resources, technical assistance, minority certification and financial and other resources that leads to business growth, job creation and community stability.
Specialized procurement training in classroom presentation or online, focused on building the capacity of minority and small businesses. Registered participants will learn:
- Business Aptitude for Contracting
- Creating and Maintaining Business Relationships
- Marketing the Business Using Electronic, Advertising and Branding Tools
- Understanding and Prioritizing Government and Commercial Certifications
- Bonding and Insurance Capacity
- Contracts and Agreements, Government Regulations, Legal Risks
- Business Accounting as a Tool
- Utilization of Resources, Access to Capital, Financial Literacy
- Safety and Environmental Compliance
- Quality Control, Quality Assurance
- Bidding, Scoping, Executing Contracts
- Perfecting Oral Presentations—The Sales Pitch